Question about coral type.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not sure id buy corals of ebay to be honest with you
I agree, especially shipped two-day. It should be overnight or not at all.
Do a goggle search for "Tubastraea faulkneri". These are not easy, nor are they hard to keep. They just require attention. Like the auction stated, they do not use light as a food source so they need to be target fed a plankton and protien based food about three times a week. They are not a colony either, rather several individal animals living close together, so each polyp requires food in order to survive. I have some and they are wonderful. A great choice if you do not mind a little extra work.

I was not initially looking for a coral to buy. Just goofing around with the searches. The auction says that 2 day shipping is fine but it offers 1 day shipping when you check on shipping costs. Anyway I just wanted to check what I was looking at. If a LFS can tell you half truths so can someone on ebay. Thanks all

Just for the sake of giving some info on that coral:

It's a low-medium light coral. You'll have to feed the tank brine or mysis shrimp, then wait for a few minutes and the polyps will open up. Then feed each individual polyp the brine or mysis with a turkey baster. Each polyp is a separate animal.

Back
Top Bottom