Question about Cryptocaryon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Berzer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondering, i've had a nasty outbreak of ich in my tank that just refuses to go away. I've treated with copper, but my maroon clownfish still has these large white cysts on his left side of his face which he's had for awhile, it looked like a bite mark for awhile but i'm thinking now its just really thriving ich cysts on his face. I've dipped him in a quick cure bath a few times and i was gonna take him to a QT, but i was wondering how long the ich can survive in the tank without something to eat, and is it necessary to place copper in while the fish are gone from the tank. It would be empty for however long it takes for the ich to die off.

Berzer said:
i was gonna take him to a QT
Quarantine all the fish and treat it in an isolated setting. Either using copper (preferabley Cupramine) or hyposalinity. Be sure what you are seeing on the clown is not Brooklynella.

i was wondering how long the ich can survive in the tank without something to eat, and is it necessary to place copper in while the fish are gone from the tank. It would be empty for however long it takes for the ich to die off.
C. irritans will die off naturally after about 6 weeks without a fish host to continue the lifecycle.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom