Question about Microbubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey Everyone! I have a question regarding my holy grail of tinkering, getting rid of microbubbles. I understand that everyone wants to get rid of them, but I don't really understand why expect that they will bother corals? Is that only certain corals? Could someone give me the lowdown on the micro menace? Thanks!

imo its not that big of an issue!! over rated for sure !! think about a reef waves crashing causing all types of bubbles also when low tide comes some corals are out of the water for 4 hours at a time !! the biggest thing is that it makes your tank look somewhat cloudy !!

If the bubbles collect in a spot on your rock or the underside of a coral, it could do some localized damage, there is also the irritation factor and some fish can swallow the bubbles and cause some issues.

Interesting... what kind of troubles for fish. I have a AquaRemora HOB skimmer that produces a constant flow of bubbles where the overflow enters the tank. This also happens to be in the same place my clown loves to hang out. I have always wondered why the clown is always at the top of the tank, he never strays far from the top 2 inches of water. Could this be to him swallowing bubbles??

their stomach and intestines can end up with lots of trapped air, which can cause bouyancy problems, I wouldn't necessarily suspect your clown of having a problem, sounds pretty mormal to me.

Back
Top Bottom