Question about preventing Deadspots when rock is stacked ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do you make there be no dead spots when you stack the rocks right up against the back glass?

Does flow still get back there?

Should I even be worried about this?

I am asking because when I set up my current tank, someone said something about deadspots being behind my rocks that when disturbed could spike things in my tank. I have a PH buried behind all of the rocks in my tank right now and i don't have any problems, but I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have it back there.....

I think I read something about sitting the rocks on PVC or something, but I don't really quite remember what it was talking about.....

Any thoughts, suggestions or comments on this potential problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!~

Im not sure about the deadspots but I have head it is bad to to stack rocks against the glass due to it pulling on the silicon and ultimetly causing leaks after a while. Just a little headsup some people may do this and have no problems with leaks but that is just what I have heard.

From what I have read, if you can see the sand and other surfaces at the back of the tank, if you have a dead spot or an area of low flow you will begin to get a green algae problem. If you haven't seen anything like it, and everyone seems happy... don't worry just keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom