Question about Salt Creeps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am noticing that around the botom of the tank there is an area where salt creep happens. Should I be worried about it? I'm pretty sure that it is coming out of the bottom of the tank because whenever I work inside my tank I always wipe the glass off after I'm done. I know salt creeps are normal but not around the bottom glass and lip of the tank. I'm worried :oops: :cry:

I don't think that I have ever seen salt creep on the bottom of the tank. On the sides at the bottom, yes. Do you mean when you open the cabinet door and stick your head in and look up?

Can we get a pic? If water were to run down the tank, you may not be able to wipe all of it out of the frame, and that could be what your seeing.

Woops, I mean the bottom part of the front glass near the black lip. I'll take a picture the next time it shows up.

Yeah, I get that too. I attribute it to just the drips running down the front of the glass as I reach in during regular mainenance.

I belive corallife makes a product called salt creep eliminator...I'll check at work tomorrow, not sure if it really works?

from what i hear that stuff works great. but i have never really had any big probles with creep. i keep my tank looking it besst at all times. fw and windex works for me.

Windex? Really? Isn't that mostly ammonia? How do you handle any overspray? Of course, now that I think about it, I suppose you simply spray it into a paper towel and then wipe the glass, rather than spray the glass directly?

Be that as it may, FW and a squeegee works quite well.
Matt

You should never use household chems around the tank for any reason. Personally I won't even allow them to be used in the same room. Best suggestion is use very hot tap water. If you run into a hard spot on the rim, just let the clothe sit there a bit. It will loosen easy enough. Might take a little longer to clean but there will be no casualties.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom