Question, blueberry sea fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

circus clowns

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know you have to feed them a lot, just curious if they would feed on copods?

I feed mine marine snow, phytoplankton and zooplankton. It's been in my tank for about 6 months now and hasn't grown a mm, I'm sure it's only just getting enough food to survive. If you haven't already got the gorgonia I'd suggest staying clear of it, you'll end up spending a lot more money trying to maintain water quality and other corals will likely suffer.

Well, thanks just got it today,heard it was hard to maintain I was just wondering if they would feed on copods,cause I've got a lot of them,do you think they would feed on them?

Not sure, in my experience most filter feeders need foods of all shapes and sizes. Good luck.

They will not eat pods. As mentioned they are filter feeders and difficult to raise. According to LA it says they are for experts only and I quote for your feeding question,

"Because the Blueberry Sea Fan is not photosynthetic, its survival is dependent on regular and frequent feedings of micro-plankton, live, baby brine shrimp, or foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates. This Sea Fan should only be maintained by the skilled reef aquarist in a well established reef."

Thank you melosu , I've read up on all that,I was just wondering being that they consume live food and I have an abundance of copods,that maybe if one of them crawled into its polyp it would eat it. And did you get that information from a link or is that your own personal opinion?

They will not eat pods. As mentioned they are filter feeders and difficult to raise. According to LA it says they are for experts only and I quote for your feeding question,

"Because the Blueberry Sea Fan is not photosynthetic, its survival is dependent on regular and frequent feedings of micro-plankton, live, baby brine shrimp, or foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates. This Sea Fan should only be maintained by the skilled reef aquarist in a well established reef."

No I quoted it from here

Blueberry Sea Fan

Back
Top Bottom