Question on Emperor 400??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phiberop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an Emperor 400 in a 46 gal Bow. I just put it in 2 days ago. It is creating a large amount of small bubbles in my tank. Is this normal?? Will it go away? Any ideas of what could be going on or what I can do.

Thanks for help.

I just put it in 2 days ago. It is creating a large amount of small bubbles in my tank. Is this normal?? Will it go away? Any ideas of what could be going on or what I can do.

Souds like it's either go quite a drop to the water surface, or it is sucking air somwhere. It is common for them to get a few larger bubbles (that surface immediately) due to the water falling into the tank, but micro bubbles are uncommon.

yes mine did the bubbles thing for several days when new, its also annoyingly noisey so I only run it a few hours a day as I have lots of live rock and 2 400gph powerheads

Make sure the intake tube is firmly seated in the impeller housing. You may be able to adjust your spray bars over your bio wheels to minimize the bubbles as well. Also, check the flow adjuster to be sure the filter is turned up all the way. Emperors can, if not completely primed, churn out bubbles if the flow is turned down.

Back
Top Bottom