question on powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishbucket

Aquarium Advice Newbie
merry day after all
have a question. Have a 12 g eclipse with about 15 lbs of live rock. All the rock is chock full of coral and now I would like to see some more circulation going on in there. Actually, I put a skimmer in my 37 gallon and am amazed at the gunk that comes from crystal clear water, so naturally, I thought about my 2---12 gallon tanks and yuck, even with weekly small water chg, there must be all kinds of junk in there. So, here's the question. We got an Aquaclear 201 power head and it is huge in that small of a tank. Does anyone make one alot smaller or am I going to have to move some rock around. Hate to do that, some of the coral has migrated from rock to rock and I don't really want to disturb it. In other words, if I move any rock, I will have to break some of the coral off. Any suggestions? And thanks, this is a really good site for us new to the hobby. This tank has been up for about 6 months and is beautiful...
Better than television.
cris

You could look into a small closed loop using a smaller Magdrive pump, or you could use maxijet minijet powerheads. The minijets may cost as much together as say a Mag 3.5 and the pvc for the plumbing, but then you may not have the space outside the tank for the pump...

Back
Top Bottom