Question on QT of Diamond Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am planning on purchasing a diamond goby in the near future as many of you know and am concerned about putting him in at QT tank with no substrate. I know they sift mouthfuls of sand through thier gills to eat, and am worried that my QT tank with just the PVC will not cut it. Anyone with any advice?

Good idea, but in a container might not help too much. You can suppliment feed him or add some sand from your main tank. This could be an exception to the no sand in a QT, if you are not doing hypo or medical treatment.
Personally, I would just feed brine/mysis soaked in zoe, selcon and garlic while in QT and skip the sand....

like stated above just feed vitamen enriched fodd he should b fine with no sand in there, i am shure tour lfs did the same thing

Ok good idea, I have the selcon and GarlicGuard on hand now. From what I understand the goby would probably throw the sand out of the sand box.

I agree and he would probably eat about everything out of the sand in a day.

I have owned one and dealt with tons of them in the store. Not picky eaters at all. Should be fine with out the sand. As with all fish i would just make sure he is eating in the store. Ours was pretty much a garbage disposal. It ate anything we put in the tank.

Thanks for the advice! I will be going to That Fish Place to get him, they have always been upfront with me about their specimens and very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom