Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Rick my OCD won't allow it

I'm just gonna wait till Monday for m trusted guy. My tank is to precious to play around. I don't this other place from a hole in wall so...

I'll wait till Monday. I hope it doesn't cause any ill effects that's it's past my water change day by 2 days. I know... I know... But I have everything planned out so it throws me off. Thanks for all your help/advice Rick.
Glad I'm not the only one with OCD when it comes to fish tanks lol!

As for the water changing being late for 2 days, you should be fine. I've skipped water changes a few times by a week or more. Not the best idea, but just didn't have the time. You'll be fine by 2 days.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick

Glad I'm not the only one with OCD when it comes to fish tanks lol!

As for the water changing being late for 2 days, you should be fine. I've skipped water changes a few times by a week or more. Not the best idea, but just didn't have the time. You'll be fine by 2 days.
Thanks Rick, always feel better after getting your opinion. Enjoy your day! I'm headed to the saltwater fish store. Gonna see what kind of new corals they got. Supposedly they got some new exotic kinds from Australia. Probably a lot of money but it doesn't hurt to window shop... Or does it? lol.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Thanks Rick, always feel better after getting your opinion. Enjoy your day! I'm headed to the saltwater fish store. Gonna see what kind of new corals they got. Supposedly they got some new exotic kinds from Australia. Probably a lot of money but it doesn't hurt to window shop... Or does it? lol.
If you're anything like me, then yes, it does hurt to window shop! lol. Aussie corals are gorgeous...at least to me and compared to their Indonesian counterparts. Let me know what you come back with lol!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161

My LFS gets corals for everywhere , and had told me more than once , the " Australia " thing is so they can raise the price as a " exotic " coral . He sells his australia the same as every other , and every other LFS is pissed cause he sells so cheep ( people drive 2-3 hours ) .

And really when you stop to think about it aren't all corals exotic ?

And yes window shopping dose hurt .... It leads to walking in to check for " new stock " .....and then the emptying of your wallet :-p
Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfiereefer View Post
My LFS gets corals for everywhere , and had told me more than once , the " Australia " thing is so they can raise the price as a " exotic " coral . He sells his australia the same as every other , and every other LFS is pissed cause he sells so cheep ( people drive 2-3 hours ) .

And really when you stop to think about it aren't all corals exotic ?

And yes window shopping dose hurt .... It leads to walking in to check for " new stock " .....and then the emptying of your wallet :-p
Aussie corals tend to be much hardier than the indonesian versions. Aussie corals also tend to come in rarer colors.

Tags
salinity

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com