Question on Scooter blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a scooter blenny thinking it was a lawnmower blenny... now lawnmowers typically are algea eaters which is fine since I substitute algae anyways... Upon looking at pictures I realize he is actually a scooter blenny which are supposed to eat Pods or other live shrimp... this is a problem. I am not really sure where to get live shrimp around here and I don't think my 35# of LR really have any pods. They do have those hatchling shrimp eggs that you can hatch at petsmart but from what I hear that is only for baby fish. They will prob quickly get sucked down by my trigger and tang or get lost in the 55 before he ever gets them. What should I feed him?

Well, I got mine to eat frozen, I also have a lot of pods in my system.
If he will not eat prepared food, I would return him. Unfortunately he will most likely starve.
Sorry....

Copepods look like tiny white dots on the glass, amphipods look like tiny shrimp - you can see them more often at night, scurrying around the sand.

There's a good link with pictures, but I don't have it on hand.

Look in my gallery, there is a pick of some of my amphipods. I get them out of my prefilter. Thats when they like to eat.

The best time to see them is a few hours after the tanks lights go out. Look with a flashlight.

Mine eats frozen very well. I also have pods but he does stand in line for all you can eat frozen" marine cuisine".

Back
Top Bottom