Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-05-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Question on small tank

I am thinking, because of space issues, I may not set up my 55 gallon.

If you were going to set up a smaller tank, what would it be? 10, 15, 20, 20H? What is ideal for a small tank? I am thinking if I go with a smaller tank, it should be a reef.

Equipment I think is appropriate: Tank, compact flourescents, HOB protein skimmer, power head, heater, live rock, live sand, maybe HOB filter?

Anybody wanna give input? I am trying to stay small enough to fit on a small buffett.

nwbradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
In my 10gal I have: 55watts of light, HOB filter with out a filter bad just the bio wheel and carbon, Proteen Skimmer, 10 lbs live sand, 10lbs live rock, 5 astria snails, 2 narassari snales, 3 blue legs, 1 red leg, colonly of mushrooms, xania, and a clown.

accorddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Why not go with a Nanocube or an Aquapod? It's an all in one Reef setup and can be had for less than pieceing a tank together. A nice setup IMO and looks very sleek!

Shoot I'll sell ya mine for $100 ... 12gal Deluxe JBJ Nano, 48watts of CF light, built in fans, 3 chamber rear compartment with a Fabricated surface skimmer!
God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Jermz79 - PM sent

Accorddude - what lighting set up did you choose?
nwbradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote

small tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com