Question on small tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwbradshaw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am thinking, because of space issues, I may not set up my 55 gallon.

If you were going to set up a smaller tank, what would it be? 10, 15, 20, 20H? What is ideal for a small tank? I am thinking if I go with a smaller tank, it should be a reef.

Equipment I think is appropriate: Tank, compact flourescents, HOB protein skimmer, power head, heater, live rock, live sand, maybe HOB filter?

Anybody wanna give input? I am trying to stay small enough to fit on a small buffett.

In my 10gal I have: 55watts of light, HOB filter with out a filter bad just the bio wheel and carbon, Proteen Skimmer, 10 lbs live sand, 10lbs live rock, 5 astria snails, 2 narassari snales, 3 blue legs, 1 red leg, colonly of mushrooms, xania, and a clown.

Why not go with a Nanocube or an Aquapod? It's an all in one Reef setup and can be had for less than pieceing a tank together. A nice setup IMO and looks very sleek!

Shoot I'll sell ya mine for $100 ... 12gal Deluxe JBJ Nano, 48watts of CF light, built in fans, 3 chamber rear compartment with a Fabricated surface skimmer!

Jermz79 - PM sent

Accorddude - what lighting set up did you choose?

Back
Top Bottom