question on snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok i found a deal on some snails i was just wondering if they were good ones they are llyanassa snails i was also wondering,i changed from cc to sand and i only did half of my tank for now and i was wondering if two weeks would be enough time for the bacteria to get in it so i could do the other half.

Im going to say that there Nassarius Snails. A very good sand bed snail. I would change out the rest of the cc before adding them.
What is your tank size, bioload, how much LR, how long has it been set up all things we would need to know before we say ye yank the rest out.

What kind of a deal are you talking about? I am alway looking for a deal on snails and crabs.

i have a 20 gl with 30lbs live rock 2 damsles a cleaner shrimp and 3 hermits. i found the deal on ebay for like 50 snails shipped for 20 bucks

They are great snails. They are simular to the typical nassarius (but not as pretty). They are hard workers. They are sand dwellers but will also clean the glass. A word of caution though. Normally when you order the 50 lots, you end up with more like 100. Be sure to have a place to take some of them. :D

Back
Top Bottom