question on sting ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boggerscott

Aquarium Advice Regular
i got a sting ray today and is acting pretty cool but if a sting ray could stand on its tippy toes thats what he looks like he is doing when he sits still. so i asked the guy at the shop and he said with this crushed coral i would be ok i thought you had to have sand bottom but he said no not neseseraly. so i went ahead and bought it. but like i said it seems to me he dont like the the bottom of the tank. any advice or someone who has had one be glad to listen and any ideas.

Stingray will be ok in crushcoral but it would better if its soft sand.
Norm they would prefer to cover/hide themselve below thin layer of sand.

I also concern your ray will cut itself when it try to cover itself with the coral.

HTH

ya well i hate to see something that nice die plus it is like somthing i always have dreamed of having but i guess not. but the store i got it from in chicago called scotts pet shop has a 48 hr. money back as long as you bring back the fish in a bag. so i went today and got a flame angle and a beautiful gobby :mrgreen:

Nice! Well that takes the edge off the loss, even though it was a beautiful fish. I hope that you have better luck with the angle and the gobby. I love the flame angels, and wish that I had a tank big enough for one.

boggerscott said:
150 gal but i recemend a sand bottom for sure.

From what I've read a sand bottom is recommended. Do you know what kind of ray it was? Most stingrays get huge and would require a tank larger than your 150g.

Back
Top Bottom