Question on water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
If i take all the water out of my tank to add more sand and to add an overflow box and a sump and what not will i have to cycle. The tank all over again and i was wondering also how long does the silicone for the overflow box need to cure before i can put water back in the tank

Keep the filter running in a smaller tank if you can or just soak the media in a bucket with aquarium water and the BB should be good for a couple of weeks as long as they are wet. That would allow you to get the tanks BB levels back up much faster, if you add the fish gradually it should work just fine.

Do u think if i saved the water or some of it it would still be ok to put back in as long as its up to temp again for the fish?

Get a $5 laundry tote at walmart and move youe fish and filter there. You can even move your sand just so.you can work.better on your tank

Well i can go to petco and get a 30 gal tank for 35 bucks which aint bad might just do that bc i need a extra one anyway lol but thanks for the advice

I have had to fix my sump and reinstall with new silicone in an hour:) has worked fine for me! 24 hrs if you can wait is plenty

Back
Top Bottom