Question regarding Seachem Marine Buffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsaraber

Aquarium Advice Activist
We bought an ammonia test kit at one of the local chain stores last week - got it home, opened it up, the kit was very obviously used and not just used once and returned, noooo it was totally used. The bottles had the number of drops written on them, and they were crusty and half empty.

This irritates me for quite a few reasons. First, who returns something like that? I was thinking that it may have been from the store's personal stash but even so, mark it down and put it on the clearance rack. If it was returned why on earth isn't the store checking it before sticking it back on the shelf?

Anyway - today we picked up a bottle of Marine Buffer from Seachem. It didn't even occur to me to check but when I got home and opened it there was no seal. Does anyone happen to know if there's supposed to be a seal? I'm pretty sure there's no seal around the outside of the lid/bottle but is there supposed to be a foil seal or something over the bottle under the lid? I'm paranoid after the whole ammonia test kit debacle (apparently not paranoid enough or I'd have checked the Marine Buffer before leaving the store).

I bought some of this a few days ago, and mine did not have a foil seal, just a thin foam-like insert loosely fitting in the cap.

--Mike

Back
Top Bottom