Questions about a Remora C Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got one about 2 weeks ago. I plugged it in and that was it it. It's collecting some rotten smelling brownish green water. I guess that means it's working. How high should I set the collection box? It has the rubber band around it that sets how high it sites. Also, what about the air vale, how should that be set? Thanks inadvance for any info.

Thanks

There is no air valve to adjust just cup height. The cup should be set so the foam in the neck of the cup does not slide back down to fast and it should not just sit there. It should push up then slowly slide back down the neck. The best way to view this is with the top of the collection cup off and a flashlight shined into the skimmer from above.This will allow you to see the foam in the collection cup neck. Hope this makes sense. Sounds like you have it set good though!

How come sometimes the foam mkaes it into the collection cup and sometimes it doesn't? But there is an air valve. Do I just screw it in and leave it? Also, when do the micro bubble stop.

Thanks for the info.

there is no air valve...
That screw is for cleaning...
I never touched mine...
As for the band, mine is halfway and it collects just fine....
As for the microbubbles, do you have the skimmer box? That stops them !

What would a good skimmer box to get? Also, is it noisey?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom