Questions about dosing with kalkwasser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I have a 60 gallon tank with live rock and fish now, im thinking of building a gravity operated siphon doser to use Mrs wages pickling lime.
after I get that built I will start getting corals. Im wondering should I build a 2.5 gallon doser or a 5 gallon doser? Also what other chemicals or additives should I be adding once it is up and running?
Can anyone tell me what to add or point me to a web site that tells me

I already know how to build one was wondering if it better to go 2.5 gln of 5 gln thought i read that it had to be fresh and not sit around for along time, also im not sure what other things i should add to my tank

According to Dr. Ron, No one has ever proven that dosing iodine does any good.

I have an article by him that we are posting on our site today that details which parameters are important to maintain, and which ones are not so important. It also gives the ideal range for each. You can check that tomorrow or later today if your interested.

Also, we have an article on how to drip Kalk on the site as well. Its an excellent article written by Kip Peeler (I think is his last name). Very knowledgeable reefer..well worth the read.

Squishy

never had a prob adding two drop of loguls to my 90 every other night and was getting reg molts !! also xenias love it :)

Back
Top Bottom