Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-25-2004, 04:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Questions about my new light setup.

I got a 440w VHO setup from Marine Depot.com. Its a four bulb fixture so I got two of the Super Actinic bulbs and two of the AquaSun bulbs. Check the picture to see how I have them set up in there. Is that right, or do I want to group the similar bulbs together?

I also have questions about light timing. For a reef aquarium, what should my light schedule be?

Old 12-25-2004, 11:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is right and you should run them 10 to 12 hours a day. If you have two switches, it helps to put them on different timers so two can come on, then an hour later the other two , then in reverse to go off. This cuts down on light shock. The sun does not come out all at once and we should try to keep it as close to nature as possible.

http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

That's an excellent suggestion, electrikat. The fixture does have two switches, so I will do just what you said. Thanks for the tip.

Tags
light, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com