Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2014, 03:57 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgameman1 View Post
Are you sure about that?
I bought a
Aqualight High Output T5 Dual Lamp Fixtures
Which included One, 10k Daylight and One, 10k Blue Light
Yup pretty much. Well, maybe a condy or a max-mini, but those don't host clowns and are more aggressive.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:08 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick View Post
Yup pretty much. Well, maybe a condy or a max-mini, but those don't host clowns and are more aggressive.
... This is really upsetting =/
How much more lighting would I need to be able to host an anenome?

Old 01-08-2014, 04:16 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Depends which specie you want to keep. BTAs maybe 4 bulb T5. Sebaes 4-6 bulbs T5. Or a quality LED fixture and you could grow whatever you wanted.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:42 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick View Post
Depends which specie you want to keep. BTAs maybe 4 bulb T5. Sebaes 4-6 bulbs T5. Or a quality LED fixture and you could grow whatever you wanted.
Jesus, =/ what a pain

Here's a second look at my nem
You guys sure this is a sebae? And let's say I do go ahead and upgrade my lighting, there's still no hope in my clownfish hosting in this?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nope, agree with all the above comments. It is possible that your clowns won't host any nem, ever. It's hit and miss, they won't go for the sebae but you'd have better luck with a bubble tip if any. I keep two bubble tips, my female clown hosts one and my male hosts a hammer coral, the other nem solo. Go figure. I also recommend waiting a Good 6-8 months before trying a nem, as they are particularly sensitive to swings in parameters, which new tanks are prone to. Do you keep a log book of your tanks readings? Pay close attention to temp and salinity, you don't want to see fluctuations with that at all. If you can keep your tank stable and upgrade your lighting it may pull through.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bectan01 View Post
Nope, agree with all the above comments. It is possible that your clowns won't host any nem, ever. It's hit and miss, they won't go for the sebae but you'd have better luck with a bubble tip if any. I keep two bubble tips, my female clown hosts one and my male hosts a hammer coral, the other nem solo. Go figure. I also recommend waiting a Good 6-8 months before trying a nem, as they are particularly sensitive to swings in parameters, which new tanks are prone to. Do you keep a log book of your tanks readings? Pay close attention to temp and salinity, you don't want to see fluctuations with that at all. If you can keep your tank stable and upgrade your lighting it may pull through.
Thank you so so much for all your help! I'm going to go back to my LFS and return my anemone so it doesn't die. I'm going to upgrade my lighting and then wait longer until I get a BTA. Thank you once again.

Tags
anemone, clown, clownfish, fish, question, questions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com