Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

questions about seachems purigen and seagel!

Hi all, I got seagel to replace my bioballs in my 29g cube and purigen and have a few questions. Where does the seagel go in the tank? I have it at the bottom of the middle chamber against the slitted wall that leads to the pump. Also, I wasnt sure at all where to put the purigen so I put it ontop of the biocube charcoal filter in the middle chamber. The water is running right over the purigen pack but I dont know if this is correct. I really need a media basket to hold the purigen, seagel, and charcoal filter cartridge but as of right now where should i place these items? All comments are greatly appreciated!

Old 03-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly View Post
Hi all, I got seagel to replace my bioballs in my 29g cube and purigen and have a few questions. Where does the seagel go in the tank? I have it at the bottom of the middle chamber against the slitted wall that leads to the pump. Also, I wasnt sure at all where to put the purigen so I put it ontop of the biocube charcoal filter in the middle chamber. The water is running right over the purigen pack but I dont know if this is correct. I really need a media basket to hold the purigen, seagel, and charcoal filter cartridge but as of right now where should i place these items? All comments are greatly appreciated!
Is it a bio cube 29? If so you can put the purigen in chamber 1 and the seagel you can put in chamber 2. I'd get the media rack it will allow easier media placement and better flow.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I really do need the media rack and yes it is a 29 biocube does the puregine pack just float in the first chamber? and is the seagel suppose to just stay on the bottom of the 2nd chamber?
Old 03-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly View Post
I really do need the media rack and yes it is a 29 biocube does the puregine pack just float in the first chamber? and is the seagel suppose to just stay on the bottom of the 2nd chamber?
Yes for now. I mean if you want you can try and suspend the seagel somehow.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purigen, questions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com