questions about seachems purigen and seagel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I got seagel to replace my bioballs in my 29g cube and purigen and have a few questions. Where does the seagel go in the tank? I have it at the bottom of the middle chamber against the slitted wall that leads to the pump. Also, I wasnt sure at all where to put the purigen so I put it ontop of the biocube charcoal filter in the middle chamber. The water is running right over the purigen pack but I dont know if this is correct. I really need a media basket to hold the purigen, seagel, and charcoal filter cartridge but as of right now where should i place these items? All comments are greatly appreciated!

Hi all, I got seagel to replace my bioballs in my 29g cube and purigen and have a few questions. Where does the seagel go in the tank? I have it at the bottom of the middle chamber against the slitted wall that leads to the pump. Also, I wasnt sure at all where to put the purigen so I put it ontop of the biocube charcoal filter in the middle chamber. The water is running right over the purigen pack but I dont know if this is correct. I really need a media basket to hold the purigen, seagel, and charcoal filter cartridge but as of right now where should i place these items? All comments are greatly appreciated!

Is it a bio cube 29? If so you can put the purigen in chamber 1 and the seagel you can put in chamber 2. I'd get the media rack it will allow easier media placement and better flow.

I really do need the media rack and yes it is a 29 biocube does the puregine pack just float in the first chamber? and is the seagel suppose to just stay on the bottom of the 2nd chamber?

I really do need the media rack and yes it is a 29 biocube does the puregine pack just float in the first chamber? and is the seagel suppose to just stay on the bottom of the 2nd chamber?

Yes for now. I mean if you want you can try and suspend the seagel somehow.

Back
Top Bottom