Questions about some corals.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do you guys think some zoos would do in an LPS tank. It doesnt look busy enough between corals in my tank IMO. I run carbon 24/7 btw so toxins wouldnt be much of a problem.

zoos are a great addition to any reef tank regardless of the theme. LPS, SPS, softies whatever. They make beautiful fill and cover.

zoos are a great addition to any reef tank regardless of the theme

I completely disagree. The rapidly spreading zoos could suffocate a very innocent, yet expensive SPS colony in no time flat. I keep my zoos and shrooms in a tank that is not my SPS tank for that very reason.

LPS shouldn't be so bad though and I would think that even if they spread to the base of a frogspawn or candy cane they wouldn't do any harm to the coral. I have seen them take over an open brain and cause it not to be able to open anymore. A little delicate surgery removed all of the zoo polyps from the brain skeletin and allowed the brain to open again as it gained strength.

If you had any expensive LPS I'd keep the zoos and shrooms at the other end of town, personally.

Back
Top Bottom