Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-28-2003, 11:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Barney
I can do a design as d9hp has designed. I like the idea. I can drill my 55 on the side since it is not tempered like the bottom. I have one of the mdq4 external pump I could leave on the wet dry as it is. But I would have to have both overflow hose going to the 55? I was thinking since of the flow rate. I could have one end of the overflow hose go to the wet dry, and one end go to the 55. Do you think it would work with the flow rate???????

I like the idea we have going here......SHARING

Old 03-28-2003, 11:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am not really clear on this plan, do you mean not have a pump between the wet/dry and ref. This is what I though would be best, if the tanks are about the same height. You could have it free flowing, one PH bringing water from the tank into the wet/dry and another pushing it into the tank from the ref. This would save you some money. I think the flow rate would be fine.

P.S. What lighting are you going to use? Will there be LR and LS in it?

Old 03-28-2003, 11:51 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

how do you insert a file in here? I did draw up a design I think will work, but I don't know how to put it in here. It is similiar to yours(d9hp) . This design I have shows a clear picture I believe will work but I'm guessing.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:54 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

go to the reply button, look near the bottom, where it says add attatchment, then click browse, it will show your files on your PC, click it, then click add attatchment, and then submit

(arent those diagrams addicting?) look at all the ones i have done...
Old 03-29-2003, 12:01 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

here is my idea.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:05 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry, I posted twice. I feel like an idiot trying to learn how to post and it went thru twice.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:07 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

looks really good except for the overflow position

I am not really clear on what a baffle is, is it just two glass panes to make a little holding cell?

If it is just a holding cell, why not just have one pane, on the wet/dry side of the tank?
Old 03-29-2003, 01:41 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
If it is just a holding cell, why not just have one pane, on the wet/dry side of the tank?
That's the idea of what I am thinking after trying to study different type of fuge. The baffle is a piece of glass, placed in between to create another "tank". The reason I thought of the 2 baffles is to minimize the flow of water, instead of making a "rush" situation. Like a turbulence. I don't think fast moving water on the top is bad for a fuge, but throughout? would it? you know like a disturbance of having a hurricane everyday. I may be wrong, but I like the idea of being able to talk and share ideas to others like you, who have already experienced a fuge setup.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:50 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I understand the baffle idea now, sounds pretty cool! I want one! I really like your setup, very feasable. I say go for it man!
Old 03-29-2003, 05:50 PM   #20

I don't understand why you would have two overflows in seperate places...And why have the w/d in it at all?

Just create the baffles in the center, one side for the OF and the other side for the return. On the return side, make another baffle to help rid the air bubbles and then pump back into the tank.

The w/d would just be a few gallons extra water. And IMO just more space to take up for other items.

I would stay with the 55 and ditch the w/d. JMHO

Tags
build, building, refugium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com