Questions on splendid pseudochromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psiclone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55gal with 60 lbs. LR, 2 ocellaris clowns, a splendid pseudochromis and about a dozen various snails. Today I added a scoter blenny and about 5 blue legged hermits. As soon as the crabs/blenny were added the pseudo came over to check them out. He immediately attacked the crabs. So far I don't think he has actually gotten ahold of any of them because they're just a little too quick. He has also nipped the blenny, but hasn't gone after him too much.

I know that dottybacks are fairly territorial, but the owner of the LFS where I bought him said they were tank raised and were much calmer. He's been in the tank with the clowns for about a month and has never once gone after them. They all swim in very close proximity of each other all the time.

Does this sound like a doomed situation? Am I going to need to get rid of one or the other? Or should things calm down in time?

know that dottybacks are fairly territorial, but the owner of the LFS where I bought him said they were tank raised and were much calmer.

No such animal I'm afraid, and if there was I would be seriously afraid of a wild caught pseudochromis. The are very aggressive and should almost always be the last addition to the tank. FWIW, the aggression shouldn't last more than about a week.

Back
Top Bottom