Questions regarding my first yellow tang!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone! I bought my first yellow tang today! I got the tang home and began the acclimation process, while I was acclimating him he just sat still and did not move very much. After acclimation I removed him and placed him into the tank, he immediately went into a cave in my LR and has been hiding since being placed into the tank (approx 4 hours ago). He did venture out a little bit due to my cleaner shrimp harassing him and pretty much forcing him to move. I noticed that he had some dark areas on his sides since putting him into the tank (I have read that is a normal reaction due to stress). Just wondering if his behavior is normal for a newly placed yellow tang!

Just an update everyone! My tang is swimming normally and I got him to eat some green seaweed with a few drop of garlic guard! The brown spot also disappeared, will post some pics soon in the new addition section! Thanks for the help, I was a little concerned about the behavior since this was my first tang.

They are great fish and come with an attitude. LOL. You`ll really like him. Mine is over 10 yrs old.

Back
Top Bottom