Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Anyhow. Get a structural engineer in to asses the situation and find out whether its in a safe spot. If its not ask him where a safe spot is? Mine nearly ended up in my garage until i could sell it all! Screw that![/QUOTE]

As soon as your landlord sees a structural engineer poking around, you are screwed, lol

Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Just check the lease. It may say water beds and tanks over a certain size may be prohibited. If that is the case, you need to make your own decisions as you would be liable for any damages (which you are anyways, but with insurance), otherwise, everyone here has good advice. I would be more worried about water damage than structural collapse and that's what the landlord will think about as well. Saltwater dripping into the downstairs owners new 65" tv set is not good.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea it's ok by the landlord. Wasn't really worried about that. Just wondered why 3 of the floor boards are creaking. I'm not worried about disaster. No kids or anything so nothing will destroy the tank. I also noticed almost the whole house floor creaking so not really worried. Had a 46 gallon bowfront for a while so I guess a 50 gallon won't be a huge problem. Plus no sump so no added weight. The tank stand is not on 4 legs, it spans the whole distance of the tank.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Floors squeak over time as things settle. If you're wanting to take measures in to your own hands, there's this neat little kit called 'Squeak no more' that they sell at lowes, home depot, an online. It's an awesome kit that solved a few squeaking issues upstairs in my house. On a wood floor, you just drill a small pilot hole, then it has a plastic plate that you put a screw in, screw it down, and the screw breaks at a certain spot leaving only a tiny hole to fill in with putty. Works well through linoleum as well, and has another adapter for carpeted floors.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
Floors squeak over time as things settle. If you're wanting to take measures in to your own hands, there's this neat little kit called 'Squeak no more' that they sell at lowes, home depot, an online. It's an awesome kit that solved a few squeaking issues upstairs in my house. On a wood floor, you just drill a small pilot hole, then it has a plastic plate that you put a screw in, screw it down, and the screw breaks at a certain spot leaving only a tiny hole to fill in with putty. Works well through linoleum as well, and has another adapter for carpeted floors.
OK thanks. Going to look into that!!

Tags
aquarium, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com