Quick Green star polyp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just want to make sure i did the right thing. I recently purchased a small GSP frag about 2"x2" its doing great but i noticed when i brought it home it wasnt stuck to well to the rock. Its been a few days now and its opening up huge and awesome looking but my flow in my tank must just be enough to lifted the back of it off the rock. They musthave glued it before I bought it and it didnt stick well. So I just took a ruber band and wraped it around it and within 5 minutes it was all back out again. How long do i wait to take off the rubberband?

Thanks guys. one of these days ill be you answering questions :D

part of mine has been floating freely from the frag for about 2 weeks now but its been doing great, the part that was still attached has started to spread so I'm just going to let mine do its own thing.

but if you want you can get some CA glue and get it stuck back down again.

The rubber band should only be used a short time with glue ,as I have found that they are prone to coming off and getting tied up in power heads and in the filters .. Generally they do not harm the tank but the equipment .. I would say take it out band it with some superglue gel let on for up to 2-4 weeks and remove and discard .. you can also leave them on permanently but I have also found that they will tend to break apart and do what I said above . :D

Back
Top Bottom