Quick Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am leaving tommorrow for 4 days. My brother in law is coming over once a day to feed the fish. I have a 75g tank with somr small pieces of coral in there, and inverts. My question is this: What should I do about my lights, I dont have a timer. Or could I use a timer from wal mart? Or, will the tank be ok without lights?

get a timer, I have a digital one from Wal Mart works great.

walmart.com doesn't show everything they sell, unfortunately. And some of the stuff that is on there is very hard to find. MOST walmarts should carry those timers and I would guess you could get a decent one for not much more than 10 bucks... that's just a guesstimate though... If you can't find them at Walmart a local hardware store or home depot would definitely have them. We have a Walmart Supercenter here that has just about everything and is open 24 hours... It's kind of nice when you really need something at 2 in the morning. Good luck and have a good trip.

I think like 5-8 bucks? Just make sure you let it charge, or you can screw it up.

Thank you very much! I have a 24 hr Wally world less than 1 mile from me. I am thinking about gettin on out there and gettin one. Thanks for the help!

Digital timers at WalMart run about 10-15 bucks, a regular manual timer runs 5-7 bucks. I switched to the digital timers a few months ago and I will not go back to the old regular timers again, they are worth the few dollars more you pay for them. You can program them for many different cycles throughout the week (great for acclimating new lights) and they have a battery back up that charges from the wall, if you lose power when it comes back on, you don't have to reset your timers ;)

Ya thanks Kevin! I got one of those this morning, and it is pretty easy to program. Thanks for all the help, now I can leave with a little bit of peace of mind! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom