Quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SouthernSon

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I woke up this morning and my fish were at the top of the tank. I quickly checked my equipment and think i found the problem. I have a HOB overflow and I don't think it is working. By this I mean there is no water coming out of the other end of the tube for the wet/dry filter and the water level in my sump is low while the water level in my tank is high and the water at the surface is not moving at all, which leads me to believe there is no circulation in the tank and the fish aren't getting air. Is there any sites that show how to work on them or anything? Could it just be a clog? I have never had a problem with this before, any help is very appreciated.

You need to turn off the return pump, make sure your overflow is not clogged, and get a powerhead aimed at the surface for oxygen exchange

Alright I got the return pump off and the water slowly went down below the overflow box's level. Is that proof right there it isn't clogged? I know somethings wrong though because I havn't had this oxygen problem before....And my protein skimmer in my sump isn't making any bubbles anymore either....everything going wrong at once great lol

I'm fairly sure the water that drained was just going back down the return tube.

Yea it will create a reverse flow if it doesnt have a siphon break in the return. Watch that your sump doesnt overflow. Sounds to me that the overflow is clogged. Protein skimmer could be malfunctioning because of the water level change in the sump

Back
Top Bottom