quick question-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking of going over to HQI but I just have a couple of quick questions. First, if I buy a ballast then I need one ballast for one bulb right? You can't have two bulbs running off of one ballast? The next question would be what wattage and what spectrum would you recommend for a 75 or 100 gal? I'm thinking of upgrading tanks here soon so I kinda want to get a good idea what I'm getting into before I do it. Thanks!

No you can't run two bulbs off of one ballast unless you buy it set up that way. For a tank that size you can run two 175w or 250w bulbs/ballast depending on the depth of the tank. Also 10k lights are very white, 14k have a slight blue tint, and 20ks are very blue. If you run 20ks you may want VHOs to kind of balance them out. I run 10ks now with actinics VHOs.

Thats what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. I was thinking two 250w's at 14k. Will that be fine for any SPS that I might want along with being okay for my corals that I have now?

Back
Top Bottom