Quick Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to have 4-3/4 returns, two for each overflow. What size of a hole and bulk head will I need for the drain? Thanks!

If I read this right, you are planning on having 4 3/4" return lines into the tank and are asking what size drain you need? I suspect that the drain size depends mostly on how much flow you plan on having into the tank. It seems that the bulkheads I have found for my project are 1 1/2 max.

What size pump(s) are you using?

Well, I'd like it between 1500-2000. I know that a bulk head of 1.5" will give me about 1500 and a 1" bulkhead will give me 500-600 max right? The tank I am going in to look at today is a 240 wide with the overflow in the middle. They are going to order me the same tank to my specifications if I like it. I want the max flow rate I can get so it eliminates the use of powerheads. I have never done this before so I am a little worried about requesting the wrong thing. I'd basically wanted a want each corner of the tank covered with sufficent flow without using powerheads. However I can do that is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom