Quick question on chlorine...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've just got some Kent Chlorinex to get rid of the chlorine in my QT tank.

It says on the bottle I have to add it to the tap water BEFORE I add the salt.

Is this totally neccessary? Having only used RO water before, I made a mistake and put untreated tap-water in my QT.

Will it be ok to add the Chlorinex straight into my QT now??

i would say yes use it on the tap water then add salt !! be safe mabe the chlorine can change the salt some way not sure but what would it hurt doing it like the directions state ?

Because it would mean my fish swimming in chlorine until I've mixed the new salt :)

lost me there !! you added tap right into ya qt with fish in it??? if sooooo yea add it now lolol but other wise when i used to make my water from tap what i would do was fill a bucket up with tap add the chlorine remover and then add salt to the range i wanted and then add it to the tank !!

So even though it says I shouldnt on the bottle, I'm ok to add the correct dose of dechlorinator STRAIGHT into my QT with my fish in it?

imo either way ya have an issue !! cause the chlorine has to me worse than the remover !! but wouldnt do that way again :)

I'm nearly tempted to put him in my main tank. He's been in QT for almost 2 weeks now...

And I'm having trouble with my amm and nitrites too.

If he does have ich (no signs yet) and my other fish get it, if I put them all in QT for the 6 weeks (to leave my tank fallow) how certain is it that all 3 will recover back to full health if I treat them?

well i have alot of mixed feeling about qt that i know alot wouldnt/dont agree on but i feel its added undue stress ! but im very carfull on where i get my fish !! and run ozone to help those issues :)
its your call ! if it was me it be in the main tank :)

Do you know if my 3 fish would most likely be ok after treatment, and 6 weeks in my 15gal QT, if the worst came to the worst?

Back
Top Bottom