Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
We use sally's seaweed salad 10 sheets for 3 dollars. Our tangs are very agressive eaters and we have found if you can cut the seaweed into squares you can fold it in half corner to corner so that its a triangle, then repeat so that in the end you have a smaller 90 degree triangle. Then just put the thickest corner in the clip your tangs wont rip it so you have huge pieces floating around your tank.
They also sell a mesh looking clip for slowing the tangs eating annd the mess down to a minimum.

sw-addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:32 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Last night I took a 2" piece of Nori, rolled it into a small tube and stuck it in the clip. This was test because my Sailfin tang and Foxface Lo tend to break the nori apart and then I have pieces floating and getting stuck on the corner overflows.

The rolled up tube worked much better till a brittle star decided to crawl up the glass and wrap himself around the tube of nori. The tang still managed to get between the star's arms on occasion and nip a small piece. It was fascinating to watch. I took some pictures and will upload them this weekend when I have some time.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow .. Thanks guys I will get some of the above mentioned for him... But I am gonna wait just a bit he is doing one heck of a job on one of my rocks that somhow is still covered in algea on the one side. It's a strange little rock.. I don't want him to froget about the rock till he's done with it.

Doan is offline   Reply With Quote

feeding, ick, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com