Quick water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tap water is a pain due to algae and stuff, eBay has some cheap ro systems if you
Decide to buy one.

Can also give your LFS a try - its a pain in the butt and can get VERY expensive if you're buying the boxed/shipped stuff.

Best thing my LFS ever did was put in 2 huge tanks of his own RO/DI water that he uses in the shop, and started selling it. Can get 16 gallons now for the price I used to have to pay for 4.

And yes, I tried making it myself for awhile - my wife was not a big fan of my cottage industry ro/di into trash bucket ;)

Yea when I first started the tank I used tap, the switched to RO/DI and am still battling a GHA problem, I have it down to only 1 rock now. I got hurt at work Nov 18th and they fired me, no comp has kicked in yet and im broke, dont have enough money for gas to get to the only store close enough that has RO/DI water. So distilled is .49 a gallon at the grocery store and I switched to that. Its only a 14g biocube so luckily its not costing me much for my water changes with the distilled.
I just wanted to make sure distilled was a decent substitute for awile....im really tired of picking GHA off the rock for 2 hours a week! Dont want it to spread after all this!

Back
Top Bottom