Quick ? - Wavemaker AND Powerhead(s)???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Question about this - Do I need a wave maker AND a powerhead or 2?

80G Innovative Marine NUVO - AIO,
24" front to back, 48" long and 16" high
Intakes on both ends with 4 adjustable return nozzles in the center.

I kinda like the fun of a wavemaker and if I use that ( haven't ever used one only have used a powerhead for a short time even) will that be in a place acting like one powerhead, and then I need another?

Also read I need 20x rated flow p/h?

Any help would be appreciated.

Looking at Koralia Evolution
750-850 but the next two sizes up are are only cost of one dollar more so cost isn't a factor. Would just like to get the right flow.
https://www.amazon.com/Hydor-Korali...r=8-1&keywords=powerheads+for+saltwater+tanks

As for the wave maker I couldn't begin to guess, but would just look for a highly rated one. Suggestions?

I need one for mixing salt.

Last edited:
I think koralia also makes a wavemaker that their units can plug into, though I don t recall fully.
You want to aim for anywhere between 10-50x turnover depending on what exactly you’re planning on doing.

Wow, I thought a Goldfish tank was high turnover for a filter, (I realize not a filter).

That is so much, I have little flow in my nanos - air bubbler in the corner and AC 20 (up to 100 gph) in the 6.6 and the 30 (up to 150 gph) in the 12G!

Okay.

I saw the Hydor wavemaker controller about $43. Up to 100W. 2 plugs

or 157. basic model and deluxe 4 pumps for $ - yikes $410
Will look into the differences more closely

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom