Quiet pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ferny27

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I bought this new 180 gal and I have a coral life 1740p pump for my return . It's so loud I can't even sleep at night, also I think it's the reason why I have micro bubbles . Please if you can help me by giving me advise on a quiet pump .

How long has the pump been running? Is it a mechanical vibration noise or due to water pressure? If you have bubbles, you might have a loose piping joint on the suction side from sump.

I just got a Reef Flo Dart, quietest pump I have ever had, and a refurb unit was only $200 with a 2 year warranty. It is quieter than my dehumidifier

I just got a Reef Flo Dart, quietest pump I have ever had, and a refurb unit was only $200 with a 2 year warranty. It is quieter than my dehumidifier
I like the dart also. Reeflo makes decent pumps and customer service is great. The barracuda is a bit louder, but it's a beast. I had them both on my closed loop at one point....
img_2519810_0_a74b038ccc95258e637895d930e803fc.jpg

I had the short lived Shark Fin, it was much louder, My dart gold is in the basement with a 6 foot rise to the main tank, a 125 with a 30 g sump, and I still have it throttled back on the discharge, a great pump for the money

i have a magdrive. it is okay during the day... however not quiet enough to sleep in the same room. :banghead: but putting a matt under the sump and placeing the pump on a rubber or on a piece of styrofoam quiets it down.

i would really like to hear if someone found a good quiet pump. would pay double for that!

Back
Top Bottom