Quieting a sump...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It starts sucking air along with the water Ives had luck with putting short length of hose (slightly larger than air line ) down the tube with a loose knot tied in it so it doesn't go down. I'm looking forward to the other DIY pics thou

As far as pump vibration, like Mr. X said a mouse pad works great. I also had good results from a ziplock bag full of dry sand under the pump. Virtually silent now.

Could not get a good pic of my over flow so this is what I did I cut a three inch pipe and drilled holes in it because my overflows bulkhead was not the screw in type I had to get a coupling to atach the drilled piece to the pipe in the over flow the key to making it silent without reducing flow which u don't want is to have some of those holes under the waterline of the overflow box some how when they are under the water line and the water rushing in from the top of the pvc stays silent ....hope this helps pm me if I confused any of u ill try to getbetter pics

ForumRunner_20130110_205409.jpg

Air causes it to not drain to the full capacity of the pipe so it. Creates a sucking noise by drilling the holes below the water line it increases the water flow in the pipe replacing the air and it stops the gurgling

Back
Top Bottom