r u looking for a cheap wavemaker??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea what ithought as well just ordered it on monday :) beats $110 for a wavemaster heheh

Its even sound activated!! Just get some music going! Seriously though, that looks like a good thing!

Will this "really" work as a wave timer? Does the sentence "will preserver the life of your bulbs" imply soft start on each of the channels?
Also a motor load is very different from incandescent lights - anyone actually tried this with PH's?
30 bucks is mighty tempting just to try it though.....

i know someone using one and loves it !! either way if it does soft start would be nice but most use maxi-jets for this so no worries either way !! should be getting mine anyday now

update on wavemaker

Would you please provide an update on your alternative wavemaker? I'm interested in purchasing one and was hoping to learn from your experience.

I bought one from steve's suggestion. I got about a week ago. Other than not being able to slow down the timer to less than 2 minutes and the chase not quite slow enough I love it. I am probably over critique-ing (if that is a word) but it seems to soft start just like the RedSea version and is smaller. Worth every penny IMO.

were did u get yours from?? curious!! i finally got mine and got screwed i think !! it has 3pin type plugs and a 220 plug trying to figure the best way to convert it !! think it was ment to send over seas not sure !!

well after i got all the adapters to make the timer i got to work the thing still didnt work so finally my girlfriend talked me into calling chauvet them selfs due to djtronix not returning any emails or calls !! they are gladly going to replace mine with a normal (or should say u.s. model ) so that cool :)

So is the CHAUVET SF-4005 2/4 Channel Timer the best option for a cheap PH wavemaker?

How do you use a wave maker? Do you have a ph on either end of the tank and pulse one on to simulate waves heading toward shore then shut that one off and pulse the other to simulate the wave retreating from shore. Or do you just have them at the same end of the tank and just pulse them on and off to simulate changing currents? I'm still learning about reef tanks.

yea i have one ph on one side and the other on the otherside works good !! i think ya be able to find a wavemaker just a bit more than this one but for the price it works good imo !! the fastest ya can get them to switch back and forth is 2 min or up to 15 ! were other real wavemaker will switch as low as a few sec !! so realy your choice :)

So, one powerhead turns on while the other turns off and each one runs from 2-15 minutes? Will it wear out your powerheads having them turn on and off repeatedly throughout the day?

I hope not cause I just ordered one.

With most PHs the only moving part is the impeller itself so I wouldnt worry too much about stopping and starting them frequently. I dont think it will hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom