Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-26-2012, 02:48 AM   #21

Seriously Sniperhawk. U have ur Radions set at 10%? I have a 30 gallon Deep Blue tank that measures 24" x 24" and is 12" deep. At 10" above waters surface it covers the entire tank perfectly. Almost as though this tank was designed specifically for the Radion. But I had mine set at 58%. Now I understand why my newly acquired Hynophora coral is receding. All my other corals, SPS, LPS and even a couple softies were doing well, some thriving under the 58% intensity. Wow, I'm immediately dropping mine to 35% and I'll wait and c if the Hynophora will make a comeback. I paid a lot for it and watching this coral deteriorate was very disheartening

Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's actually great that I'll lose some light to spill. The tank is in my from which is dark green with one little desk light. I have another light but never turn it on. The tank helps light the room lol. I've heard you can also make moonlights with radions? Is that true?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #23
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It SHOULD be at 10%...I haven't checked to confirm what it should be set at. But the pure intensity of these lights has really caused problems for some corals, hence why it is so low. I still struggle to keep my red/green candy cane from bleaching. I'm constantly moving it around the tank.

On a second note...dude, you're 13. These were a huge cost to a guy with a career. If you want LEDs aim for the taotronics ones for 400 rather than like 1700. Then you can start saving up for a car!

As for moonlighting, it is news to me that you can make a setting on them for it. I didn't want to mess with it and just bought some moonlights for 20 bucks off ebay.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #24

I did the same thing as Sniperhank. Bought moonlights just so I could keep my Radions in the natural mode. It can be set up with moonlights in artificial but just wait until u get them. Artificial seem such a pain to set up, you will probably leave it in natural mode as well. And as for the intensity, I'm leaving mine at 36% for now. My LFS has his display tank set up for 50% but his lights are about 2 Ft. above the water surface. And the Radions only peak at that intensity for a short time
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok. One question. Ik I'm 13 but these things are awesome lol. I have $200 in store credit right now. Should I save for the radions or get 2 more 1400 gph power heads??????
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #26

I'm afraid you have a lot of saving to do for even 1 Radion fixture. U might try throwing fits or holding your breath until your parents buy them for you. Or just get something cheaper
Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't throw fits lol. Should I just get the power heads????????
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #28

I was only joking. Don't have a fit. Yes, just get the PH's
Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok I probably will. Thanks for the help. Still gonna try for the radions though!!!!!! Lol
Old 06-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crister13
I don't throw fits lol. Should I just get the power heads????????
Haha really? Sure about that? Lol jk.

So if you want these lights you need to sell your fish tank and everything included. Then you might have close to that amount of money. or buy some lotto tickets

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com