Radion help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously Sniperhawk. U have ur Radions set at 10%? I have a 30 gallon Deep Blue tank that measures 24" x 24" and is 12" deep. At 10" above waters surface it covers the entire tank perfectly. Almost as though this tank was designed specifically for the Radion. But I had mine set at 58%. Now I understand why my newly acquired Hynophora coral is receding. All my other corals, SPS, LPS and even a couple softies were doing well, some thriving under the 58% intensity. Wow, I'm immediately dropping mine to 35% and I'll wait and c if the Hynophora will make a comeback. I paid a lot for it and watching this coral deteriorate was very disheartening

That's actually great that I'll lose some light to spill. The tank is in my from which is dark green with one little desk light. I have another light but never turn it on. The tank helps light the room lol. I've heard you can also make moonlights with radions? Is that true?

It SHOULD be at 10%...I haven't checked to confirm what it should be set at. But the pure intensity of these lights has really caused problems for some corals, hence why it is so low. I still struggle to keep my red/green candy cane from bleaching. I'm constantly moving it around the tank.

On a second note...dude, you're 13. These were a huge cost to a guy with a career. If you want LEDs aim for the taotronics ones for 400 rather than like 1700. Then you can start saving up for a car!

As for moonlighting, it is news to me that you can make a setting on them for it. I didn't want to mess with it and just bought some moonlights for 20 bucks off ebay.

I did the same thing as Sniperhank. Bought moonlights just so I could keep my Radions in the natural mode. It can be set up with moonlights in artificial but just wait until u get them. Artificial seem such a pain to set up, you will probably leave it in natural mode as well. And as for the intensity, I'm leaving mine at 36% for now. My LFS has his display tank set up for 50% but his lights are about 2 Ft. above the water surface. And the Radions only peak at that intensity for a short time

Ok. One question. Ik I'm 13 but these things are awesome lol. I have $200 in store credit right now. Should I save for the radions or get 2 more 1400 gph power heads??????

I'm afraid you have a lot of saving to do for even 1 Radion fixture. U might try throwing fits or holding your breath until your parents buy them for you. Or just get something cheaper

crister13 said:
I don't throw fits lol. Should I just get the power heads????????

Haha really? Sure about that? Lol jk.

So if you want these lights you need to sell your fish tank and everything included. Then you might have close to that amount of money. :) or buy some lotto tickets

Yeah, I would just get the power heads Crister. Probably be more beneficial to your tank, than the Radions. As long as you already have sufficient lighting. After all, it's still just a light source. Cool as they are!
I've accepted the fact that I'll have to win the lottery to put Radions and Ecotech MP's on my tank!!

If I needed more than 1 light fixture I probably wouldn't have bought Radion. It's not that I couldn't afford it. It's justifying the price. SOL's aren't as fancy but they're much more cost effective. Think about $400 per fixture

LOL nunu I could buy more than 2 if I sold everything in my tank haha. And yeah, I want vortechs too lol. I'll stick with my karalias and get two tmw! Thx!!!!!

My parents will probably buy me one. Hopefully. Lol. I would like a trip to the LFS every day hahaha. And nunu, the ocean has more flow. Admit it!

Sniperhank was right about the intensity of these Radions. After Nearly losing an expensive chunk of Hydnophora Coral, I decided to decrease the intensity of my lighting. I'm at 18% intensity and my tank has never looked better. My Hydnophora is making a comeback and even my Maxima Clam is looking better than ever. I never would have believed the 58% I had it on before was actually detrimental to my tank

I must be doing something wrong then lol. Mine are at a max of 75% intensity. Things are looking great and coraline is spreading faster than I've ever seen on some base rock. Maybe I shoul dturn them down a bit and see? Most of my frags and corals were purchased from LFSs who used 250w MH at a height of 8-12" above a frag tank.

Back
Top Bottom