Radion help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I really want led lights. I know the radions have awesome features, and I really want them. I have a 150g thats 6' long and 28" high. Could I get by with 2 units keeping sps only at the top??? If I hang them higher to get more spread and turn them to 100% wouldn't that be ok?

Does anyone know about this? 2 over a tank on 100% raised pretty high up so the spread covers the whole tank. I just want to know because if I can do it with two in gonna save up probably and if not, I'm not going to. And btw, to the mods, if this should be in general equipment could you move it there? I don't want to post a duplicate.

Well, i have 2 over my 55... so that would be an addition of 2 feet...in all reality you could pull it off. They are way powerful. 15 inches above my water level and i still have them at 10% power w/ sps in the sandbed.

Well, i have 2 over my 55... so that would be an addition of 2 feet...in all reality you could pull it off. They are way powerful. 15 inches above my water level and i still have them at 10% power w/ sps in the sandbed.

Can you confirm the 10% power? How deep is your tank. No way my sps would do ok in that situation. I've got it to 75% and the sps are at least in the middle/top.

I'll grab a laptop and hook them up tomorrow after work and double check. It won't let me turn them down anymore but I can turn them up. Either way at 100% power I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

What do you mean you can't wait to have one??? Don't you??? Lol. I'm so pumped I may get them within 4 months. Hopefully........ They're so awesome.

I have 2. I mean having someone else who has them. I don't know anyone else who does that I talk to and I'd love to talk about messing with artificial mode.

LOL they're so awesome. Hopefully I can save up some money. I thought you were calling me buddy not a friend buddy lol misunderstanding!!!!! Haha. I'm only 13........ So this is gonna be hard. Do you know how long it takes them to burn out?

I have a single 8" over a 4 foot tank and get strong light over the middle 2 thirds with moderate light over the ends. It's dialed to 100% and plenty bright.

I also have egg crate cover which helps diffuse the light around the tank.

I thought radions were 12"????? And I would raise mine for more light spread. Thanks for the feedback but your making me feel horrible that I don't have them lol...... I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2. I mean having someone else who has them. I don't know anyone else who does that I talk to and I'd love to talk about messing with artificial mode.

I have a radion over my 60g and running artificial mode along with 2 MP10s. Let me know if you ever want to swap graphs etc.

I have a 180g and was told 3 would be appropriate. Given the 2 center braces I have. My tank is 6' x 2' x2'. Although I do have 1 on my 54g corner tank and it lights the whole thing. Some dim spots I the corners, but using low light coral their.

Good luck. Btw, love the thunderstorm feature. Very cool.

I think they are officially rated at one per 24 inches of tank, but are much more capable unless you are wall to wall SPS.

I meant that mine is 8" off the water. Keep in mind, the higher you go the more light you lose to spill in front & back of the tank.

I WANT THESE THINGS SOOOOOO BAD.................... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Im looking forward to some awesome light features and some awesome coral. BTW, do they give off a shimmer effect because I love shimmer. Not too much..... but a little?

That's so awesome. Good. Do you know how long these things take to burn out? If they do is the whole fixture bad? I really don't want to spend $1500 on lights that are gonna burn out..........

They last for 50,000 hours. No that is not a typo. They do degrade ever so slightly over time though but nothing alarming.

From my understanding, these fixtures were made to be upgradable. The light pucks can be removed and replaced as needed. Though by the time they are "burnt" out, I'm sure there'll be some new tech to play with.

Back
Top Bottom