Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Rain water for reef tank

I was wandering if rainwater from a water tank is alright for a reef tank
Thanks for the help

kade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
No expert here but....IMO I would say no because of the air polution depending on where you live. As the rain falls from the sky, it picks up a lot of particulates that are in the atmosphere, many would be harmful to a reef tank.

Since my tank is a birthday present to my wife, everything I spend going forward is just an extension of my love for her right?
rdnelson99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

that's a no, there was a thread about this earlier this year.

Rain water
nxb161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

i don't even think i'd use sea water in my reef. think about all the garbage thats in there and that there is no real way to filter all of it out. i would stick with RO water, atleast we know this way is clean and TDS free and we can just add the salt we require to it
Gti_Leo is offline   Reply With Quote

reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com