Rainbow bubble tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey,

I just traded an old protein skimmer for a "rainbow bubble tip anemone", they guy said that the colors will come over time as he gets used to my lights. Right now he's all green except for some of the tips of his tentacles which are slightly orange. It's it true that over time he will regain his colors?

Attachments

• 1426959050545.jpg
    1426959050545.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 147
It could depend on your lighting what colors are seen or 'come out'. What you see now is most likely what you are already going to see, but more of the reddish may be showing up when the anemone itself and the tentacles inflate when things adjust.

Okay. Well I have two intellesun cerulean 170 Watt LED fixtures over my 90 gallon tank which he is in. Each fixture has two high power 40 Watt white leds, 25 purple leds at ~2 watts each, and 25 blue leds at ~2 watts each as well. If not clear, my lighting is adequate for basically any photosynthetic coral or Livestock I would want to keep

I believe we discussed your lighting some time back, so I'm aware that it will easily support the anemone. What I'm saying is that different lighting will effect the colors of coral and anemone. This is more prominent in corals, that can look totally different under one type of lighting than another, but anemone can do similar in terms of some of the lesser coloration that they can have, from tips to speckles. It can be more of less intense, but the proof will be in the pudding when it has adjusted to your tank and is fully inflated.

Alright. Well after that I'm pretty sure that the change won't be this much, but the guy I got the nem from said eventually it would look like this (see attachment), and obviously that's not going to happen since that is an A grade anemone

Attachments

• 1426990960685.jpg
    1426990960685.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 348
Back
Top Bottom