Rapid coral/frogspawn death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have this big 4 limb frog spawn coral. Healthy and happy flowing in the water. Then 2 nights ago one of the heads closes up. No big deal, this happens when a hermit walks on it or something, I've seen it a million times. The other 3 limbs or heads or whatever you want to call it are fully out and still flowing away. The lights on the tank go out and the other 3 shrink up like they normally do, I think nothing of it...

Yesterday I get home from work and the one head that shrunk first is totally dead. No fleshy coral left on it at all, just a white skeleton! In one day this one peice is totally gone? How/Why does this happen? Will the rest be ok? Should I snap it of to make sure whatever happened does happen to the other 3 branches?

Oddly enough the big Lobo right beside it's fleshy part is turning transparent too, could there be a disease in that one area of the tank?

So weird but I really want the rest of this frogspawn to be ok, its a big beautiful coral...

Thoughts?

How close is the lobo sitting next to the frogspawn? You need alot of room as frog spawn can get big. They can still sting each other.

Just to add

Calcium - 400
ALk - 8
PH 8
Temp 80
Phos - 0
Nitrate-0
Salt 1.025

I keep this constant and steady. Only thing I can think different is that I added a ricordia and a blue clove coral the day before. No were near the frogspawn though.

Back
Top Bottom