Rapid LED kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gti_Leo

Aquarium Advice Addict
Leo's tank build

just bought a 90g LED kit from them and put it together adusted the drivers and wow these things are friggen awesome, they are bright and the color is fantastic.

it may seem hard for soem to do but its really easy to do, i was to lazy to solder so i bought the solderless kits and its simple plug and play.

i haven't put them on my tank yet as it is still not running, my LFS is loafting on gettign my new top frame in and i've been taling my sweet time bulding my skimmer.

these LEDs are also coupled with a Reef Angel aqua controller which is so far easy to use with the preloaded setups, there are forums on how to code custom function

i recommend both for those serious about the DIY thing, same functions as other high end LEDs and controllers but with the cheapness of DIY, 400 for the controller and 500 for the LEDs, which use the same LEDs as the much more expensive Ecotech radeon

Last edited:
this is the tank they are going on

after i peeled the top frame of due to the broken center brace

holesaw kit bought on ebay (so far i'm not happy with the seller, they are cheap $44 for 10 but one came bent and another was sent doubtl so i'm waiting for my shipment to come back, it also took 3 weeks to get to me and been two so far for the replacements)

I read some reviews on this Rapid LED kits and they say after you have everything assembled complete with all the miscellaneous parts you will end up almost the same price as buying the whole unit. It's like building a customized PC as a project and just learning the technology in the process.

It is a bit cheaper to do the kit, unless they are running a special on the pre-assembled Onyx fixtures. And it does prove to you how easy it is to put a LED fixture together and as a result how easy it would be to add or change out emitters.

I just bought a 90 gallon kit and put half over my 29 gallon yesterday, the other half is for after the upgrade. It was really easy and everything looks amazing. I would recommend it for sure.

I read some reviews on this Rapid LED kits and they say after you have everything assembled complete with all the miscellaneous parts you will end up almost the same price as buying the whole unit. It's like building a customized PC as a project and just learning the technology in the process.

lol i paid $500 to get equal from the Radeon you need two fixtures which will cost you $1500 and you'll have to lower the output as they put more LEDs then you need even buying cooling fans isn't even close to that price

a bit cheaper is far from true even their new dimmable ONYX fixture are more cost effective

Back
Top Bottom