Rare fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darrenjohns06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Brought a yellow tang with black in it and was told will grow bigger than an average tang, any1 know about this

Post a picture please? Only yellow tang I'm aware of that has any black at all is a lemon tang which does indeed get large....
Lemon Tang

Will post a pic up when I'm home. The place I brought it from told the name it was something like yellow scope or something, the price is usually around £80 where as a normal yellow tang is around £30 it's looks exactully the same apart from black blotches in it which get darker as they grow, that's what I was told

Here is a pic will put a bigger 1 up when I'm home as u can't c the black in this pic as its tank to far away but it's bright yellow,looks nothing like that scope

Attachments

• image-2756895280.jpg
    image-2756895280.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 83
Here is a pic will put a bigger 1 up when I'm home as u can't c the black in this pic as its tank to far away but it's bright yellow,looks nothing like that scope

How large your tank btw?

And yes please do post bigger pics when you can, since from that distance it just looks like a normal yellow :)
Thanks,

Anything like this?
4d9f227c85065.jpg

It's 300 litres, yeah it's really weird how it's got black in it nice fish tough, also got a problem with my lion fish will also put a pic on here cuz it looks like its skin is fallen off so not sure what it is. Can't wait to get more fish and corals in there

It's 300 litres, yeah it's really weird how it's got black in it nice fish tough, also got a problem with my lion fish will also put a pic on here cuz it looks like its skin is fallen off so not sure what it is. Can't wait to get more fish and corals in there

Awful lot of things that can cause that - would suggest very strongly not adding anything else (and putting the scopas in another tank) until you figure out what's causing the issue...

So is it a rare fish or is it still comman? Yeah it's a really nice fish

They're relatively rare -but they are still a relative of the common yellow tang. Give that article a read - basically it discusses the fact that while its a related species it is slowly diverging from the common yellow enough that it may become its own species in the future.

Thanks for the advice on the yellow tank, about to go home now so will post a pic of the lion fish. Could be a gd idea to move the tang as I dnt want anything to go wrong with the tang

Back
Top Bottom