Rare fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im just curious if you have had or do have a rare or hard to find fish in your tank. Or if you have seen a rare fish in a friends tank. If so what kind and how long have you had it.

This could be an interesting thread as it grows :) One of our fish suppliers had a rare fish and sent us a picture. Check it out. It's a natural hybrid of a SW angel.

Attachments

• swangel_hybrid.jpg
    swangel_hybrid.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 76
  • c.beauty_lemonpeel_hybrid.jpg
    c.beauty_lemonpeel_hybrid.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 135
Nothing rare in my tank yet. Someday I'd like to get a scorpion fish, but that'll have to be on my wishlist for another tank. I've seen Asfur Angels, and Macullious (sp) Angels at my store. Very expensive, but great looking fish that you don't see around here.

I just bought a Golden Dwarf Angel yesterday. I think the might be pretty rare.

the guy that runs my LFS has a completely black percula. it's like one of those onyx ones except it's completely black....

yeah it's got while tripes but they are perfect like a normal perc. not broken like most of the blacks are.

Nah I don't have a pic though, It is at his store though.

Oh and a funny tidbit about the fish..... It was in his show tank for a long time and when he changed the show tank over to a fish only he took the perc out and gave it it's own 40 gallon. people kept asking him how much it was and he didn't want to sell it because it has been his fish for about 4 years so he marked it for $189.99 thinking no one in there right minds would pay that for a <3" fish.......... He was wrong. Two girls bought it the other day when they bought a tank from him. He's holding it until the tank is cycled.

People spend crazy money for fish sometimes..... I guess it's just like those Acans though.

It was hands down in my opinion the nicest fish I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom