Originally Posted by SleepsWithFish
We all know that each lfs
is different and all have different opinions. But i wanted to see what you guys think about a few things they have told me:
1. No chaeto, chemi pure, purigen, or mechanical filtration is nessisary in a biocube 29, only lr
2. Trace elements and calcium/magnesium dosing is only for people that don't do regular water changes and are "lazy".
3. No skimmer nessisary in a 29
What do you guys think?
1. Depends what type of tank...ROWLR, reef, etc. I did add LR
rubble, but I also still use the stock filter.
2. I would agree, unless you have a ridiculous amount of corals and/or inverts.
3. That depends on whether or not you are keeping up with your water changes.
Sounds like your LFS
gives better advice than mine lol