RBTA Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good conditions? Maybe... maybe not. Excellent conditions? Provided there are no injuries, yeah. Mine was in far worse shape when I got it, and it looks great now.

Bubble tip anemone are not corals. They are anemone. Both cnidarians, but there are certainly many distinctions.
High lighting is good. Depending on tank size, anything from T5 HO all the way up to Metal Halide or the new LED fixtures. Mine does well in the upper half of the tank under 2 T5 bulbs, but most recommend more light. And frankly, the more light the better. If you can afford Metal Halides, go for them! If not, get the highest wattage T5 you can. 4 bulb fixtures are better than 2 bulb!

Yeah, I looked at T5 lights and they are not that expensive the ones I found. That is why I am so confused with lighting.

I always thought that Anemone's and Corals need really expensive lights. Yet I find T5 bulbs for 29 dollars. If I had a hood that supported two of them bulbs, what could I put into my tank coral or Anemone? No one has really answered me yet. I have been looking online and researching but still no real answer.

Like this bulb right here.

UVL T5 V-HO Actinic White Bulb 12000K

Says it' good for coral, and people say they are growing well in the reviews. Yet I just don't know. :p

Lol thats just one bulb. You will need 4 bulbs like that in a fixture.... Thats how it is easily 100+ for a fixture

Unfortunately, people ask "What light do I need for corals?" and expect a simple answer, but there really isn't one. The best answer is "The best lights you can afford. Or better."
But also, you need to consider that this is a very complicated question. Each and every coral has different light requirements, and many can adapt to a wide range of light levels. I've seen mushrooms do ok under standard aquarium T8 bulbs, and there are Acros that really need multiple Metal Halides.
My 55 has two T5 HO bulbs at 54 watts each. The fixture was over $100. Yet, a random poll would probably give you at least 3 people saying my lighting is useless to every 1 who says it's ok.
In other words, your mileage will vary. There is no simple answer. The link you posted, like Nu-Nu said, is just a bulb.

I got ya! Question than, if i only had 1 T5 light, do you think some Mushrooms and polyps would be Ok?

I will be honest I was not even thinking of corals or Mushrooms, or Polyps. If I can get something that is easy and bring more life to my tank than cool. I will go with some mushrooms. Just with the tank I am doing now Coral was never really something I considered.

So yesterday I got my 48in 4bulb t5. I was wondering what size rbta would be worth $40? A local guy's rbta split and he's selling the smaller one for 35 and the bigger one for 40. So what size would be worth the cost?

Back
Top Bottom